Concept, History, and Process:
FRIENDSHIP IN HARD TIMES was a community interactive art installation project, which opened in June 2010 at the University of New England’s Annual Sculpture Garden Show.
…Even when friends fight, you can count on them not to hold it over you.
- How to Make a Friendship SCARF
- First, you take the Kind cloth;
- then soak it in the you-can-disagree-but-not-fight water.
- Take the Fair thread, and weave it through the Kind cloth.
- Put the Kind cloth in an already-knit scarf of stay-togetherness yarn.
- Now, your scarf will be strong with the Kind cloth woven with Fair thread.
- plus the you-can-disagree-but-not-fight water.
- It will be SUPER soft with the Stay-togetherness thread.
- The End
- By P.H.
For more information, to help, or to set up a group demonstration and work session contact the artist at firstname.lastname@example.org.